- Todas las colecciones (11,518), Books (11,468), Signed (1,754), In Case of Fire (118), Tu biblioteca (11,517), Ebooks (180), Actualmente leyendo (46), Read in 2022 (15), Read in 2021 (33), Read in 2020 (48), Read in 2019 (23), Read in 2018 (17), Read in 2017 (29), Read in 2016 (28), Read in 2015 (24), Read in 2014 (29), Read in 2013 (70), Read in 2012 (69), Read in 2011 (51), Read in 2010 (48), Read in 2009 (17), Read in 2008 (9), Recently Read (430), Recently re-read (45), Comic Books (49), Recovered books (1)
- fantasy (3,331), mystery (3,319), science fiction (2,486), read (1,958), fiction (1,835), signed (1,772), uk mystery (642), espionage (594), uk fantasy (566), signed first edition (547), arc (392), uk science fiction (326), westerns (321), graphic novel (311), uk fiction (272), uk historical fiction (247), men's adventure (245), historical fiction (236), dated (182), ebook (175), pulp (157), hard case crime (154), sprayed edges (149), eARC (144), fantasy anthologies (126), lined (120), box 17 (115), box 61 (114), first/first (112), science fiction anthologies (111), box 64 (111), box 70 (110), box 69 (107), box 50 (106), box 71 (105), box 66 (104), box 39 (103), uk espionage (103), nautical fiction (99), read 2008 (98), box 67 (97), box 11 (97), mystery anthologies (97), box 65 (97), historical mystery (96), box 25 (96), box 14 (95), box 16 (93), steampunk (91), YA (91), box 08 (90), thriller (89), box 32 (86), box 63 (84), box 06 (83), box 04 (83), box 40 (82), box 62 (82), box 12 (82), box 30 (80), box 72 (79), box 46 (77), canadian fantasy (77), box 01 (76), box 15 (75), box 68 (75), box 19 (74), box 43 (72), box 59 (71), box 45 (71), box 56 (71), box 03 (70), box 09 (70), box 41 (69), box 57 (68), doc savage (68), box 58 (68), box 28 (67), box 35 (67), box 27 (67), read 2013 (67), box 18 (66), read 2012 (66), box 33 (65), box 48 (65), box 54 (65), box 24 (64), box 10 (64), uk historical mystery (64), box 37 (64), box 23 (64), box 60 (63), box 26 (63), box 44 (62), box 53 (62), box 13 (62), box 34 (62), box 36 (62), read 2007 (61), box 51 (61), not for young'uns! (61), box 29 (60), read 2011 (60), box 38 (59), box 21 (59), box 52 (59), box 02 (58), box 42 (58), box 55 (57), box 22 (56), comic books (56), box 31 (56), box 49 (55), martial arts (54), read 2010 (51), box 05 (49), box 20 (49), finance/investing (48), British Library Crime Classics (48), australian fantasy (47), read 2009 (47), box 47 (46), malazan (45), assassins (39), read 2020 (38), horror (36), historical fantasy (35), read 2019 (34), adventure (34), australian mystery (33), liaden universe (32), swedish mystery (32), fantasy collections (32), women of sundry hues (31), super-powers (31), read 2016 (30), vampires (30), science fiction collections (30), noir (30), norwegian mystery (29), south african mystery (29), 2642 (28), read 2014 (28), read 2017 (27), the avenger (27), read 2021 (26), milo march (25), norse (25), remainder mark (25), high adventure for adults (24), history (24), sports (23), australian science fiction (22), reference (22), teen fantasy (21), french mystery (20), repairman jack (20), sfbc (20), doodled (19), russian mystery (19), read 2018 (19), canadian science fiction (18), just speculation (17), read 2015 (16), matt helm (16), remo williams (16), chiun (16), the shadow (15), amos walker (15), limited edition (15), crime (15), the wife's (15), mystery collections (15), irish mystery (14), george abercrombie fox (14), biography (14), signed by Joe R. Lansdale (14), re-read 2012 (13), commander george gideon (13), scottish mystery (12), german mystery (12), fiction anthologies (12), the phantom (12), joe gall (12), jim hardman (12), humor (12), new zealand fantasy (12), read in 2022 (12), re-read 2021 (12), hump evans (12), western fantasy (11), french fantasy (11), weird westerns (11), arc finished copy (11), re-read 2013 (11), johnny fedora (11), uk first/first (10), art (10), baseball (10), illumicrate (10), Ed Brubaker (10), japanese mystery (10), nautical (10), finnish science fiction (10), shell scott (10), western porn (10), western anthologies (10), parker (10), drake (10), personalized (9), carl wilcox (9), stamped (9), donald lam (8), bertha cool (8), fantasy collection (8), stock trading (8), alternate history (8), hitman (8), chap. book (8), danish mystery (8), fantasy omnibus (8), strip (8), western (8), icelandic mystery (8), johnny liddell (8), tennis (7), john craig (7), shaft (7), finished copy (7), spanish fiction (7), signed limited edition (7), wild cards (7), signed bookplate (7), operator #5 (7), spoof (7), mark hood (7), Laura Lippman (7), canadian mystery (7), netherlands mystery (7), harry hole (7), spanish mystery (7), southern mystery (7), business/management (7), limited edition 247/300 (7), dragon head sketch (6), limited edition 78/300 (6), inspector bonaparte (6), romantic crime (6), ya (6), science fantasy (6), WW II (6), trace (6), re-read 2010 (6), box (6), Gary Phillips (6), Reed Farrel Coleman (6), asian (6), russian fantasy (6), polish fantasy (6), uk historical fantasy (6), signed by Gregory Benford (6), highlander (6), dutch mystery (6), bernie gunther (6), italian mystery (6), american mystery classics (6), OSS 117 (5), Michael Connelly (5), collection (5), limited edition 394/500 (5), indian fantasy (5), Jim Fusilli (5), limited edition 47/500 (5), Jason Starr (5), malaysian fantasy (5), werewolves (5), B (5), world war II (5), not really my thing (5), marvel (5), investing (5), stephen dain (5), feline aliens (5), erast fandorin (5), jacob asch (5), dr. david audley (5), hugo bishop (5), blackford "blacky" oakes (5), super-heroes (5), science fiction omnibus (5), re-read 2011 (5), scottish science fiction (5), anthologies (5), duplicate Iliad didn't want (5), jean-baptiste adamsberg (5), norse mythology (5), uk science fiction collection (5), french espionage (5), blaxploitation (4), flinx (4)
- Nube de Etiquetas, Nube de Autores, Etiquetado Inverso
- 50-Something Library Thingers, ARC Junkies, Baker Street and Beyond, Book Care and Repair, Book Collectors, Bookcases: If You Build/Buy Them, They Will Fill, British & Irish Crime Fiction, Comics, Crime, Thriller & Mystery, Crimespace, Everything Illustration and Comic Art!, FantasyFans, Hardboiled / Noir Crime Fiction, Historical Fiction, HMS Surprise, Libertarian Science Fiction, LibraryThing-ers Anonymous, Los Angeles Loves Librarything, Malazan, Modern Collector, Name that Book, New authors first editions, Rare, Old or Offbeat, Scandinavian detectives and thrillers, Science Fiction Fans, Signed books, Tennis, Tennis, Anyone?, Westerns
- Se unió
- May 22, 2006
- Nombre verdadero
- Only my mother knows for sure
- About My Library
- Hmm...Library. Possibly a bit ambitious because in my mind it connotes not just books (I have enough of those...wait, what am I saying?), but also a certain setting. You know, the built-in shelves, wheeled ladders on rails, fireplace, over-stuffed chair and ottoman, dog, etc. Not particularly original, I know, but it's my idea of how a library should look and what I want for myself, someday (except for the dog; frankly, I'd rather have a cat).
As far as what my library contains, well, it's comprised of about 2/3 mass market fiction and 1/3 trade paper and hardcover fiction, with the occasional business/investment tome thrown in so I can learn just how much money I would have had if not for an irrational need to own books. I've been buying more and more hardcover books the last few years as I've become a more serious "hyper-modern" book collector.
Also, under the "follow the flag" theory of book collecting, the tags for my books reflect--to the best of my knowledge--an author's country of citizenship/birth, rather than the setting of any particular story or series, or the country where the book was published. If there's no country specified, then the author should be American (assuming I didn't screw up or just forget to check, which are strong possibilities). If you spot an error in my tags (or anywhere else, for that matter), feel free to drop me a note, if you have a moment to spare.
Collections is now upon us and it is not exactly what I was hoping it would be. You see, I used to be quite adamant that LT should be about books, and nothing but books. And those books should be owned by an individual or family on LT, rather than an entity, and above all else, those books should be real! But, over the last 3 years (wherein I actually set foot inside a county library and realized modern libraries now contain music, movies, magazines, newspapers and probably more) my conception of what an LT library may contain has expanded to envelop pretty much all printed matter, as well as music, movies and their related ephemera. So, in the spirit of Collections and more expansive libraries, I will be adding CD's and DVD's to LT and I've already begun adding my comic collection. However, there will be no wish lists from me as there does not yet seem to be a way to keep imaginary items from counting toward one's overall library size on the Zeitgeist list, which remains my largest area of dissatisfaction with Collections.
***Update Redux 6/5/10***
Well, individual entry of comics on LT is quite the time consuming task, so I'm slowly adding titles to comicbookdb.com with the intention of importing them here at a later date. However, while comicbookdb is much faster, it's still a dauntingly slow task to enter everything and I've decided to put that on the back burner until I've tagged the whereabouts of all my mass market paperbacks in their respective boxes (23 of around 50 boxes done). DVD's and CD's will come after everything readable has been entered (I fully expect them to be obsolete technology by the time I get to them, heh).
Just a fun fact: On September 15, 2012, I had 7,777 books, of which 777 were signed; kinda wish I could freeze the library right there...
Create your own visitor map!
- Acerca de mí
- Age: 56
Status: Married for 25 years.
Children: None. Zero. My books are my babies and I never have to change their diapers (just a fresh Brodart every so often).
Username: From an Arnold Lobel "poem" called "Books to the Ceiling." I wanted to use "outsideofadog" from the famous Groucho Marx saying, but some 7 book FA'er (Free Accounter) nabbed it 20 days before I thought of it. Can I get a "20 days!" repetition in an imitation Chris Rock falsetto to express my disgust? Thank you.
Books: Mostly science fiction/fantasy, but I've added quite a few mysteries and a smattering of espionage and historical fiction over the last decade+. I also have a fair number of western titles, although I don't have nearly the number I used to. My favorite type of story would probably be the "mystery in a science fiction setting" a la Jack McDevitt, Larry Niven (Gil the arm), Peter F. Hamilton or Richard Morgan, just to name a few.
Favorite Authors: Fairly lengthy list comprised of authors read "recently" and authors I haven't read in many years. Some of the older authors may not make the cut if I were to re-read their books today, but I have fond memories of their writings, so on the list they go. Also, even though an author's body of work may be generally mediocre, if they've got at least one book I truly enjoyed, then that's enough to qualify for the list.
- Actualmente Leyendo
- Berserker SF Gateway Omnibus: The Shadow of the Wolf, The Bull Chief, The Horned Warrior por Robert HoldstockShadowblack: Book Two in the page-turning new fantasy series (Spellslinger) por Sebastien De Castell
- Autores Favoritos
- Ben Aaronovitch, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Adams, Boris Akunin, Aaron Allston, Piers Anthony, Neal Asher, Pierce Askegren, Robert Asprin, Gail Van Asten, Iain Banks, Elizabeth Bear, Alex Bledsoe, Kyril Bonfiglioli, Mayer Alan Brenner, Patricia Briggs, Ed Brubaker, Ken Bruen, Steven Brust, Lois McMaster Bujold, Chris Bunch, John Burdett, William R. Burkett, Jr., Edgar Rice Burroughs, F. M. Busby, Kurt Busiek, John Byrne, Christian Cameron, Miles Cameron, Orson Scott Card, Mike Carey, Jack L. Chalker, Howard Chaykin, Lee Child, Barbara Cleverly, Harlan Coben, Allan Cole, Michael Connelly, James S. A. Corey, Bernard Cornwell, Larry Correia, Desmond Cory, Robert Crais, Carroll John Daly, Ed Dee, Nelson DeMille, Sean Doolittle, Dave Duncan, Dorothy Dunnett, Ed McDonald (author), Phyllis Eisenstein, Steven Erikson, Ian C. Esslemont, Minister Faust, David Feintuch, Alan Dean Foster, Brian Freemantle, David Gemmell, Victor Gischler, Walter B. Gibson, Norman Green, Mike Grell, Peter F. Hamilton, C. S. Harris, Harry Harrison, Christopher Hinz, Nina Kiriki Hoffman, James P. Hogan, Tom Holt, David Housewright, Dean Ing, Elliott James, Craig Johnson, L. E. Modesitt, Jr., Guy Gavriel Kay, P. B. Kerr, Nancy Kress, Katherine Kurtz, Dewey Lambdin, Louis L'Amour, Hugh Laurie, John Lawton, Ann Leckie, Sharon Lee, Dennis Lehane, Martin Limón, Jean Lorrah, Sergei Lukyanenko, Jonathan Lunn, David Markson, Ed McBain, Anne McCaffrey, Jack McDevitt, Ed McDonald, Gregory Mcdonald, Maureen F. McHugh, Adrian McKinty, R. M. Meluch, Deon Meyer, Steve Miller, Daniel Keys Moran, Richard Morgan, John Morressy, Jo Nesbø, Kim Newman, Larry Niven, Andre Norton, Naomi Novik, Eric S. Nylund, Patrick O'Brian, Carol O'Connell, Andrew J. Offutt, Robert O'Riordan, David R. Palmer, George P. Pelecanos, Steve Perry, Thomas Perry, Max Phillips, H. Beam Piper, Mike Resnick, Alastair Reynolds, Mack Reynolds, John Maddox Roberts, Kenneth Robeson, Patrick Rothfuss, Sean Russell, John Sandford, Dorothy L. Sayers, John Scalzi, Jack Schaefer, James H. Schmitz, Adrian Selby, Ernest Thompson Seton, Dan Simmons, Maj Sjöwall, L. Neil Smith, Martin Cruz Smith, Sherwood Smith, Peter Spiegelman, John Steakley, Richard Steinberg, Neal Stephenson, Matthew Woodring Stover, Victoria Strauss, Mark Sumner, Keith Taylor, Peter Temple, Sheri S. Tepper, Steve Thayer, J. R. R. Tolkien, P. J. Tracy, Delia Marshall Turner, A. E. van Vogt, Brian K. Vaughan, Vernor Vinge, Karl Edward Wagner, Mark Waid, Bill Watterson, David Weber, Donald E. Westlake, Kevin Wignall, John Wilcox, Elizabeth Willey, F. Paul Wilson, Don Winslow, Tom Wood, Roger Zelazny
- Local Favorites
Conexiones entre socios
- Interesting Library
- AlanPoulter, Aneris, AngelaB86, anglemark, Ann_Louise, Astrodene, AsYouKnow_Bob, austcrimefiction, avatiakh, babsji, Bengan, beniowa, bibliorex, bookstopshere, BrigidsBlest, brive, BruceDMacDonald, cadolph, camon63, cathyskye, chilperic, chrisloganedwards, citygirl, ckNikka, clong, ConalO, cosmicdolphin, CrazedCollector, crazybatcow, cthulhuslibrarian, dada1967, Daffobint, Dannelke, Darkson, DaveLancaster, devenish, dillytanty, divinenanny, donaldmcobb, drivincryin, Drylnn, dwinston, elkiedee, fang, Fourpawz2, FredericB, Hank1215, hoopmanjh, HorusE, iresam, jackanaples, jamespurcell, Jebbie74, jjmcgaffey, jlabeatnik, johnnyapollo, kattepusen, kd9, Keeline, kirjen, kleo, krlaw6, LadyDarbanville, lcd, leennnadine, LexieS17, littlegeek, Littlemissbashful, lizandkats, LouisBranning, magnumpigg, majkia, mhatchett, MikeBriggs, mmignano11, mtnmdjd, NauticalFiction99, naylands, NickPetty, nsblumenfeld, OldSarge, PandorasRequiem, parasolofdoom, revelshade, Robin_Hill, rowens, saltmanz, SanTeresa, sarahpezzini, ScorpioBookDreams, sevedra, Severn, skullduggery, SRHarbin, stefferoo, SteveAnderson, sunqueen, tenaciousreader, TerryWeyna, thegreattim, TheIdleWoman, Thulean, vangogan, vicwong, wallcraf, xenchu, Z-Ryan
Este sitio utiliza cookies para ofrecer nuestros servicios, mejorar el rendimiento, análisis y (si no estás registrado) publicidad. Al usar LibraryThing reconoces que has leído y comprendido nuestros Términos de Servicio y Política de Privacidad. El uso del sitio y de los servicios está sujeto a estas políticas y términos.