- Todas las colecciones (11,700), Books (11,650), Signed (1,837), In Case of Fire (137), Tu biblioteca (11,699), Ebooks (180), Actualmente leyendo (46), Read in 2022 (23), Read in 2021 (33), Read in 2020 (48), Read in 2019 (23), Read in 2018 (16), Read in 2017 (29), Read in 2016 (28), Read in 2015 (24), Read in 2014 (29), Read in 2013 (70), Read in 2012 (69), Read in 2011 (51), Read in 2010 (48), Read in 2009 (17), Read in 2008 (10), Recently Read (437), Recently re-read (48), Comic Books (49), Recovered books (1)
- fantasy (3,462), mystery (3,369), science fiction (2,524), read (1,965), signed (1,854), fiction (1,805), uk mystery (651), espionage (594), uk fantasy (592), signed first edition (547), arc (392), uk science fiction (337), graphic novel (311), westerns (309), uk fiction (269), men's adventure (254), uk historical fiction (250), historical fiction (239), sprayed edges (197), dated (193), ebook (175), pulp (157), hard case crime (157), eARC (144), fantasy anthologies (129), lined (125), box 61 (114), science fiction anthologies (113), first/first (112), box 64 (111), box 17 (111), box 70 (109), box 69 (107), box 50 (106), uk espionage (105), box 71 (105), box 39 (103), box 66 (103), mystery anthologies (102), historical mystery (101), nautical fiction (99), thriller (98), box 65 (97), YA (97), box 67 (97), read 2008 (97), box 11 (96), box 25 (95), box 14 (95), box 16 (92), steampunk (91), box 32 (86), box 63 (83), box 06 (83), box 62 (82), box 12 (82), box 40 (82), box 72 (79), box 30 (78), box 04 (78), box 08 (78), canadian fantasy (78), box 46 (77), box 15 (75), box 68 (75), box 01 (74), box 19 (74), box 43 (72), box 45 (70), box 59 (70), box 09 (69), box 56 (68), doc savage (68), box 03 (68), box 41 (68), box 27 (67), read 2013 (67), box 58 (67), box 35 (67), box 57 (66), box 18 (66), read 2012 (66), box 54 (65), box 37 (64), uk historical mystery (64), box 48 (64), box 28 (64), box 24 (63), box 10 (63), box 60 (63), box 53 (62), box 34 (62), box 13 (62), box 26 (62), box 36 (62), box 51 (61), box 44 (61), box 23 (61), box 33 (61), not for young'uns! (61), read 2011 (60), read 2007 (59), box 38 (58), box 52 (58), box 21 (58), box 42 (58), box 02 (58), box 55 (57), box 29 (57), comic books (56), box 49 (55), box 31 (55), box 22 (55), martial arts (54), australian fantasy (52), read 2010 (50), box 05 (49), box 20 (49), finance/investing (48), British Library Crime Classics (48), read 2009 (47), malazan (45), box 47 (43), assassins (39), read 2020 (38), horror (38), historical fantasy (35), adventure (34), australian mystery (34), read 2019 (34), vampires (33), fantasy collections (32), swedish mystery (32), liaden universe (32), super-powers (32), noir (31), women of sundry hues (31), science fiction collections (30), read 2016 (30), norwegian mystery (29), south african mystery (29), 2642 (28), read 2014 (28), the avenger (27), read 2017 (27), read 2021 (26), history (26), norse (25), remainder mark (25), milo march (25), high adventure for adults (24), sports (23), reference (22), australian science fiction (22), teen fantasy (21), read in 2022 (21), new zealand fantasy (21), french mystery (20), repairman jack (20), doodled (20), sfbc (20), russian mystery (19), canadian science fiction (18), read 2018 (18), just speculation (17), irish mystery (16), read 2015 (16), illumicrate (16), crime (15), polish fantasy (15), the wife's (15), limited edition (15), the shadow (15), amos walker (15), biography (15), mystery collections (15), george abercrombie fox (14), japanese mystery (14), signed by Joe R. Lansdale (14), commander george gideon (13), re-read 2012 (13), stamped (12), the phantom (12), german mystery (12), joe gall (12), jim hardman (12), fiction anthologies (12), matt helm (12), hump evans (12), scottish mystery (12), re-read 2021 (12), humor (12), re-read 2013 (11), nautical (11), johnny fedora (11), french fantasy (11), western fantasy (11), weird westerns (11), arc finished copy (11), uk first/first (10), fantasy collection (10), Ed Brubaker (10), baseball (10), art (10), parker (10), finnish science fiction (10), drake (10), western anthologies (10), shell scott (10), western porn (10), icelandic mystery (9), danish mystery (9), carl wilcox (9), hitman (9), personalized (9), alternate history (8), johnny liddell (8), stock trading (8), fantasy omnibus (8), signed bookplate (8), western (8), spanish mystery (8), strip (8), chap. book (8), american mystery classics (8), subterranean press (7), signed limited edition (7), shaft (7), southern mystery (7), business/management (7), operator #5 (7), spoof (7), finished copy (7), limited edition 247/300 (7), wild cards (7), tennis (7), Laura Lippman (7), spanish fiction (7), donald lam (7), john craig (7), bertha cool (7), limited edition 78/300 (7), mark hood (7), canadian mystery (7), remo williams (7), chiun (7), netherlands mystery (7), harry hole (7), inspector bonaparte (6), investing (6), trace (6), science fiction omnibus (6), world war II (6), science fantasy (6), re-read 2010 (6), box (6), Reed Farrel Coleman (6), dragon head sketch (6), bernie gunther (6), signed by Gregory Benford (6), WW II (6), italian mystery (6), dutch mystery (6), asian (6), uk historical fantasy (6), ya (6), graphic novels (6), highlander (6), the broken binding (6), romantic crime (6), Gary Phillips (6), russian fantasy (6), marvel (6), limited edition 1444/1500 (5), uk fantasy collection (5), limited edition 394/500 (5), indian fantasy (5), limited edition 47/500 (5), malaysian fantasy (5), Michael Connelly (5), not really my thing (5), erast fandorin (5), Jim Fusilli (5), Jason Starr (5), super-heroes (5), anthologies (5), werewolves (5), collection (5), norse mythology (5), feline aliens (5), YA fantasy (5), scottish science fiction (5), french espionage (5), re-read 2011 (5), duplicate Iliad didn't want (5), uk science fiction collection (5), dr. david audley (5), stephen dain (5), jean-baptiste adamsberg (5), OSS 117 (5)
- Nube de Etiquetas, Nube de autores, Espejo de etiquetas
- 50-Something Library Thingers, ARC Junkies, Baker Street and Beyond, Book Care and Repair, Book Collectors, Bookcases: If You Build/Buy Them, They Will Fill, British & Irish Crime Fiction, Comics, Crime, Thriller & Mystery, Crimespace, Everything Illustration and Comic Art!, FantasyFans, Hardboiled / Noir Crime Fiction, Historical Fiction, HMS Surprise, Libertarian Science Fiction, LibraryThing-ers Anonymous, Los Angeles Loves Librarything, Malazan, Modern Collector, Name that Book, New authors first editions, Rare, Old or Offbeat, Scandinavian detectives and thrillers, Science Fiction Fans, Signed books, Tennis, Tennis, Anyone?, Westerns
- May 22, 2006
- Nombre verdadero
- Only my mother knows for sure
- Sobre mi biblioteca
- Hmm...Library. Possibly a bit ambitious because in my mind it connotes not just books (I have enough of those...wait, what am I saying?), but also a certain setting. You know, the built-in shelves, wheeled ladders on rails, fireplace, over-stuffed chair and ottoman, dog, etc. Not particularly original, I know, but it's my idea of how a library should look and what I want for myself, someday (except for the dog; frankly, I'd rather have a cat).
As far as what my library contains, well, it's comprised of about 2/3 mass market fiction and 1/3 trade paper and hardcover fiction, with the occasional business/investment tome thrown in so I can learn just how much money I would have had if not for an irrational need to own books. I've been buying more and more hardcover books the last few years as I've become a more serious "hyper-modern" book collector.
Also, under the "follow the flag" theory of book collecting, the tags for my books reflect--to the best of my knowledge--an author's country of citizenship/birth, rather than the setting of any particular story or series, or the country where the book was published. If there's no country specified, then the author should be American (assuming I didn't screw up or just forget to check, which are strong possibilities). If you spot an error in my tags (or anywhere else, for that matter), feel free to drop me a note, if you have a moment to spare.
Collections is now upon us and it is not exactly what I was hoping it would be. You see, I used to be quite adamant that LT should be about books, and nothing but books. And those books should be owned by an individual or family on LT, rather than an entity, and above all else, those books should be real! But, over the last 3 years (wherein I actually set foot inside a county library and realized modern libraries now contain music, movies, magazines, newspapers and probably more) my conception of what an LT library may contain has expanded to envelop pretty much all printed matter, as well as music, movies and their related ephemera. So, in the spirit of Collections and more expansive libraries, I will be adding CD's and DVD's to LT and I've already begun adding my comic collection. However, there will be no wish lists from me as there does not yet seem to be a way to keep imaginary items from counting toward one's overall library size on the Zeitgeist list, which remains my largest area of dissatisfaction with Collections.
***Update Redux 6/5/10***
Well, individual entry of comics on LT is quite the time consuming task, so I'm slowly adding titles to comicbookdb.com with the intention of importing them here at a later date. However, while comicbookdb is much faster, it's still a dauntingly slow task to enter everything and I've decided to put that on the back burner until I've tagged the whereabouts of all my mass market paperbacks in their respective boxes (23 of around 50 boxes done). DVD's and CD's will come after everything readable has been entered (I fully expect them to be obsolete technology by the time I get to them, heh).
Just a fun fact: On September 15, 2012, I had 7,777 books, of which 777 were signed; kinda wish I could freeze the library right there...
Create your own visitor map!
- Sobre mí
- Age: 56
Status: Married for 25 years.
Children: None. Zero. My books are my babies and I never have to change their diapers (just a fresh Brodart every so often).
Username: From an Arnold Lobel "poem" called "Books to the Ceiling." I wanted to use "outsideofadog" from the famous Groucho Marx saying, but some 7 book FA'er (Free Accounter) nabbed it 20 days before I thought of it. Can I get a "20 days!" repetition in an imitation Chris Rock falsetto to express my disgust? Thank you.
Books: Mostly science fiction/fantasy, but I've added quite a few mysteries and a smattering of espionage and historical fiction over the last decade+. I also have a fair number of western titles, although I don't have nearly the number I used to. My favorite type of story would probably be the "mystery in a science fiction setting" a la Jack McDevitt, Larry Niven (Gil the arm), Peter F. Hamilton or Richard Morgan, just to name a few.
Favorite Authors: Fairly lengthy list comprised of authors read "recently" and authors I haven't read in many years. Some of the older authors may not make the cut if I were to re-read their books today, but I have fond memories of their writings, so on the list they go. Also, even though an author's body of work may be generally mediocre, if they've got at least one book I truly enjoyed, then that's enough to qualify for the list.
- Actualmente leyendo
- Berserker SF Gateway Omnibus: The Shadow of the Wolf, The Bull Chief, The Horned Warrior por Robert HoldstockShadowblack: Book Two in the page-turning new fantasy series (Spellslinger) por Sebastien De Castell
- Autores Favoritos
- Ben Aaronovitch, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Adams, Boris Akunin, Aaron Allston, Piers Anthony, Neal Asher, Pierce Askegren, Robert Asprin, Gail Van Asten, Iain Banks, Elizabeth Bear, Alex Bledsoe, Kyril Bonfiglioli, Mayer Alan Brenner, Patricia Briggs, Ed Brubaker, Ken Bruen, Steven Brust, Lois McMaster Bujold, Chris Bunch, John Burdett, William R. Burkett, Jr., Edgar Rice Burroughs, F. M. Busby, Kurt Busiek, John Byrne, Christian Cameron, Miles Cameron, Orson Scott Card, Mike Carey, Jack L. Chalker, Howard Chaykin, Lee Child, Barbara Cleverly, Harlan Coben, Allan Cole, Michael Connelly, James S. A. Corey, Bernard Cornwell, Larry Correia, Desmond Cory, Robert Crais, Carroll John Daly, Ed Dee, Nelson DeMille, Sean Doolittle, Dave Duncan, Dorothy Dunnett, Ed McDonald (author), Phyllis Eisenstein, Steven Erikson, Ian C. Esslemont, Minister Faust, David Feintuch, Alan Dean Foster, Brian Freemantle, David Gemmell, Victor Gischler, Walter B. Gibson, Norman Green, Mike Grell, Peter F. Hamilton, C. S. Harris, Harry Harrison, Christopher Hinz, Nina Kiriki Hoffman, James P. Hogan, Tom Holt, David Housewright, Dean Ing, Elliott James, Craig Johnson, L. E. Modesitt, Jr., Guy Gavriel Kay, P. B. Kerr, Nancy Kress, Katherine Kurtz, Dewey Lambdin, Louis L'Amour, Hugh Laurie, John Lawton, Ann Leckie, Sharon Lee, Dennis Lehane, Martin Limón, Jean Lorrah, Sergei Lukyanenko, Jonathan Lunn, David Markson, Ed McBain, Anne McCaffrey, Jack McDevitt, Ed McDonald, Gregory Mcdonald, Maureen F. McHugh, Adrian McKinty, R. M. Meluch, Deon Meyer, Steve Miller, Daniel Keys Moran, Richard Morgan, John Morressy, Jo Nesbø, Kim Newman, Larry Niven, Andre Norton, Naomi Novik, Eric S. Nylund, Patrick O'Brian, Carol O'Connell, Andrew J. Offutt, Robert O'Riordan, David R. Palmer, George P. Pelecanos, Steve Perry, Thomas Perry, Max Phillips, H. Beam Piper, Mike Resnick, Alastair Reynolds, Mack Reynolds, John Maddox Roberts, Kenneth Robeson, Patrick Rothfuss, Sean Russell, John Sandford, Dorothy L. Sayers, John Scalzi, Jack Schaefer, James H. Schmitz, Adrian Selby, Ernest Thompson Seton, Dan Simmons, Maj Sjöwall, L. Neil Smith, Martin Cruz Smith, Sherwood Smith, Peter Spiegelman, John Steakley, Richard Steinberg, Neal Stephenson, Matthew Woodring Stover, Victoria Strauss, Mark Sumner, Keith Taylor, Peter Temple, Sheri S. Tepper, Steve Thayer, J. R. R. Tolkien, P. J. Tracy, Delia Marshall Turner, A. E. van Vogt, Brian K. Vaughan, Vernor Vinge, Karl Edward Wagner, Mark Waid, Bill Watterson, David Weber, Donald E. Westlake, Kevin Wignall, John Wilcox, Elizabeth Willey, F. Paul Wilson, Don Winslow, Tom Wood, Roger Zelazny
- Favoritos del sitio
Conexiones de miembros
- Biblioteca interesante
- AlanPoulter, Aneris, AngelaB86, anglemark, Ann_Louise, Astrodene, AsYouKnow_Bob, austcrimefiction, avatiakh, babsji, Bengan, beniowa, bibliorex, bookstopshere, BrigidsBlest, brive, BruceDMacDonald, cadolph, camon63, cathyskye, chilperic, chrisloganedwards, citygirl, ckNikka, clong, ConalO, cosmicdolphin, CrazedCollector, crazybatcow, cthulhuslibrarian, dada1967, Daffobint, Dannelke, Darkson, DaveLancaster, devenish, dillytanty, divinenanny, donaldmcobb, drivincryin, Drylnn, dwinston, elkiedee, fang, Fourpawz2, FredericB, Hank1215, hoopmanjh, HorusE, iresam, jackanaples, jamespurcell, Jebbie74, jjmcgaffey, jlabeatnik, johnnyapollo, kattepusen, kd9, Keeline, kirjen, kleo, krlaw6, LadyDarbanville, lcd, leennnadine, LexieS17, littlegeek, Littlemissbashful, lizandkats, LouisBranning, magnumpigg, majkia, mhatchett, MikeBriggs, mmignano11, mtnmdjd, NauticalFiction99, naylands, NickPetty, nsblumenfeld, OldSarge, PandorasRequiem, parasolofdoom, revelshade, Robin_Hill, rowens, saltmanz, SanTeresa, sarahpezzini, ScorpioBookDreams, sevedra, Severn, skullduggery, SRHarbin, stefferoo, SteveAnderson, sunqueen, tenaciousreader, TerryWeyna, thegreattim, TheIdleWoman, Thulean, vangogan, vicwong, wallcraf, xenchu, Z-Ryan
Este sitio utiliza cookies para ofrecer nuestros servicios, mejorar el rendimiento, análisis y (si no estás registrado) publicidad. Al usar LibraryThing reconoces que has leído y comprendido nuestros Términos de Servicio y Política de Privacidad. El uso del sitio y de los servicios está sujeto a estas políticas y términos.