January Goals and Progress
Únase a LibraryThing para publicar.
Este tema está marcado actualmente como "inactivo"—el último mensaje es de hace más de 90 días. Puedes reactivarlo escribiendo una respuesta.
book-buying ban - that would be hard
finish 3 books I started in 2019 (Im Westen Nichts Neues, Now) and military memoir I started in January
stay current on my post (have parcels ready to travel, and also some notes from the post office)
stay within budget for post costs
Let me try for five books this month. I did not make 75 in 2019, but I did get close (71). I could have read a few more children's books to complete my 75, but I didn't want to *force* my 75.
My calculator says I have to read 6.25 books per month to reach my 75. Technically I have to read 7 books per month to reach my annual goal, but I read what I want when I want. That's the best way! :D
>2 Amaryllys: Sorry to inform you, but there is no such thing as a book-buying ban. It simply does not work! ;)
For all of you that have January goals: good luck!
January's a pretty busy month for me, so I have fairly modest goals:
- read, register and release a couple of books off my shelves
- don't buy any new books!
1) book-buying ban - no books bought yet. It was easy with the shops closed for the New Year Holidays and me being away celebrating said New Year
2) finish 3 books I started in 2019 - finished 1
3) stay current on my post - received a pile of books, sent some - still have more to send
4) stay within budget for post costs - staying withing budget so far, and the projection is also good
- I am on track with my book-buying ban (no books bought!)
- visited the post office yesterday, sent the books I owed. At the same visit I received books from the rings I am participating in, so another post office visit need to be planned XD And also, one sweeps was drawn.
- no additional costs for my budget + received the order for the stamps, so I don't need to pay anything at the post office in my next visit, unless I send something other than books
I have no progress on the remaining books I started - but I already met my goals for the month with 4 books finished (although not the ones I planned XD )
I finished and registered Oval by Elvia Wilk, one of the Tournament of Books contenders, and I mailed it to another LT member and ToB fan. She's not on BC but maybe she might be persuaded to join, or at least add a journal entry for the book.
I have also met my goal of reading 4 books off Mount TBR.
I didn't make it a goal to not buy any books but I do try to keep new acquisitions down to one-half of what I take off. I did add two books to the pile in January: one was a purchase on a gift card to our local bookstore and one was a gift from the publisher so I guess I've met that "non-goal" as well.
4 from MTBR and to be donated
8 borrowed from sister, husband or library!
finish 3 books I started in 2019 (Im Westen Nichts Neues, Now) and military memoir I started in January - finished only one
stay current on my post (have parcels ready to travel, and also some notes from the post office) - MET!
stay within budget for post costs - MET!
three out of four, not bad