LT Cover Navigation - A Total Conversion
Únase a LibraryThing para publicar.
Este tema está marcado actualmente como "inactivo"—el último mensaje es de hace más de 90 días. Puedes reactivarlo escribiendo una respuesta.
Get it here
(Click images for larger versions.)
This script replaces the cover selection popup with an enhanced version. Features include:
- Navigation using the left and right arrows to go to the previous/next cover without closing the popup and clicking a new cover
- Pressing the Escape key to close the popup
- A strip showing a thumbnail of the current cover and the ones before and after it. Numbers below it show the cover # in the list, with Amazon covers in italics.
- The ability to jump directly to the first Amazon or member-uploaded cover
- Taking up the entire width of the browser window. The cover image is also scaled to take up the entire window.
- Your ISBN colored in green in the various ISBN data
- A jump list showing small thumbnails of all the covers. If not all covers have been loaded, a small thumbnail with a number on it will allow you to load the rest.
- Full sized Amazon cover image is substituted for possibly smaller version (makes it easier to copy the proper image location).
- The original size for Amazon covers is added to the information section
- The ISBN for Amazon covers is added
- A link to the Amazon listing is added
- A link to the Amazon image correction page is added
- A link to update the Amazon product information
- The currently selected cover is moved to the top of the list of covers (should it be among the covers currently loaded)
- All mentions of the ISBN of the book page loaded (the one you clicked the covers link from) are highlighted in green text
- All ISBNs are turned into links. These links go to the editions list. If you have my LibraryThing Work Editions Grid script (be sure to update to the current version), it will highlight those editions with this ISBN with a green background in the grid and scroll down to them.
- Clickable shortcut buttons
- Clicking on Amazon covers will automatically upload the cover image from Amazon to LT rather than setting your cover to point to Amazon (who can later change the cover).
- Hovering over the image will cause a border to appear, making it easy to tell what's part of the image and what isn't.
I probably left some features out of this list. The feature creep is part of the reason I've been working on this for weeks.
Oh. One thing - the "Clicking on Amazon covers will automatically upload the cover image from Amazon to LT rather than setting your cover to point to Amazon" - that'll run into the LT 0x0 bug, won't it? So I think I'll still do the right-click and download thing. But not having to go clean it up first helps. This is gonna be fun.
1) Tim was using an old url for amazon images and they changed it.
2) For certain sizes, Amazon returned a 0x0 image.
Tim fixed #1. Since I'm taking the unsized image, I don't think you'd ever run into this bug. And if you did, it would be obvious because there'd be no amazon cover image showing. But I have never seen an example where it returns a 0x0 image for the unsized cover. Can you find one?
I've read about your greasemonkey scripts before, but I've never tried one. In fact, I don't use any plugins for my browser at all. Gasp! I know, how 20th century of me.
So what else, besides download it, do I need to do to make these things work? The last thing I want is some screwed up thing to happen to my browser. I think it happened once and so I've avoided them ever since.
No, no. It's not that it returns a 0x0 (or even 1x1) cover image. The image is fine, it's full size and beautiful. But LT _records_ and displays the size as 0x0, which means it never gets the High Quality marker. Not a major problem, unless you are specifically trying to clean up the low quality covers in your catalog.
Here's one - http://www.librarything.com/work/5144439/covers/92295838.
All the covers are in the 100 to 200 pixel range for height, except the best one which is my Grab from the Amazon 346x500 cover image. That one displays as "Original size: 0x0"
ETA - I believe Tim said somewhere that the actual original size is properly recorded somewhere, but it's not getting passed to the bits that display it in the information popup (including yours, of course - if LT says it's 0x0, so will yours), nor to the bit that assigns the High Quality overlay. I think it was bugged, but apparently not by me - I can't find it.
ETA 2 - did find it, but there's been no LT employee comments. I bumped it. http://www.librarything.com/topic/147095
Hopefully Tim will just fix that bug.
Translation for anyone lost on this issue: Don't worry about it, it's not a huge issue, just an annoyance that you might not even ever notice.
However I use Chrome at home and I can't install them :/
I tried your get-around of "saving it in your computer", but I don't even get that option, when I click 'install' it just says I can't. And I don't want to install the other option, seems far too 'intrusive', sorry...
I'm so happy with your scripts that I've installed these past few days especially the 'more' in add books.
18/Besten, it worked, thanks!!!
Now I have a problem. Apparently they're installed, they're both there (the work editions and the covers) as 'enabled', but... I still see the editions list as a messy list, not the promised grid :/
What am I doing wrong/haven't done yet?
By the way, I'm trying to see that by selecting a book and then clicking on 'Editions' on the left side menu, am I in the right place?
(sorry for being basic...)
"Chrome does not allow scripts to be installed directly from the website, so here are a couple of workarounds:
1. Manual Install
Click the install button to download the script to your computer.
Click on the "Customize Google Chrome Button" to the right of the address bar and go to Tools > Extensions
Drag the downloaded script onto the Extensions page
Customize and install the script
2. Using Tampermonkey
So I just used the first option and thought that it would work.
It's ok if it doesn't work, don't worry more about it. Thanks anyway :)
FF v 21.0, Vista
I can no longer cycle through the covers. The covers supersize normally with the info, but the arrow keys only flip flop between the first member cover and the first amazon cover, and the little ribbon on the upper right with the thumbnails also only has 1 cover in it. When I get home I'll see if it now happens on my home computer too. (On LT at work, yes, I know...)
If you're on Firefox, you'll need to go to the userscripts page below and click on the green button at the very top-right of the screen labeled "Install" (be careful and don't click on any green buttons from ads - they won't be at the top-right):